- 6 cups fresh carabao's milk
- 50 grams glutinous rice powder
- 150 grams cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 limes (dayap)
- oil or butter
- pinch of salt
- In a wok, mix 6 cups carabao’s milk, 50 grams glutinous rice powder, 150 grams cornstarch, salt and 1 cup sugar.
- Cook at low heat, stirring mixture constantly.
- Add grated rind of 2 limes (dayap) and stir continuously with a wooden spatula until smooth and thick.
- Carefully dip finger or the handle of a wooden spoon into the mixture.
- When it no longer sticks to the finger or spoon, remove mixture from heat.
- Grease a 9-by-9-inch square pan with oil or butter or line with a greased banana leaf.
- Pour mixture in and spread evenly.
- Let mixture cool then top with latik.
- Slice into squares.
Share It To Your Friends!