- 1 big fish about 2 lbs., cut into serving pieces (I used red snapper)
- 6 cups rice water
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, peeled and sliced
- about 2 cups green papaya, cut into wedges
- 10 pcs. okra, stems and tips removed
- about 2 cups small pechay, washed and trimmed
- 4 stalks green onions, cut into about 2 inches long
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle fish with salt. Let sit for at least 15 minutes. In a large saucepan, combine rice water, fish sauce, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add papaya. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add fish and okra. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Add pechay and green onions. Simmer for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat. Serve with hot rice.
Share It To Your Friends!