- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (add a little extra for dusting)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tbsp. yeast
- 1-2 cups cooking oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup water
- Sift all purpose flour, add salt and yeast then mix very well Using a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and pour the water then mix until forms dough.
- Sprinkle flour and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and form a ball.
- In case the dough is still too sticky, add a little flour, then knead more until you get to the right consistency.
- Get a clean bowl, grease with oil and place the dough on it and cover with clean cloth and let it rest for 1 at least an hour or so. (These process will double the size of the dough.
- After an hour when the dough rises, punch down and knead, cut in your desired sizes.
- Roll the dough into a long stick and from a twist.
- Place the twisted dough on a tray and cover with a clean cloth and let it rest for 1 hour to rise.
- In a large frying pan, heat cooking oil over medium heat.
- Drop the twisted dough in batches and fry until color turns golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels, drop in a bowl of sugar and roll.
- Coat Shakoy evenly and shake off the excess white sugar.
- Serve while it’s hot with cold or hot drinks,
- Share and Enjoy!!!
Source: Savvy Nana's
Share It To Your Friends!