- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- cheddar cheese (quickmelt would be best)
- Mix the dry ingredients together; sieve the 2 cups of flour first before adding the baking powder
- Prepare the wet ingredients. Melt the margarine (low heat) and dissolve the sugar. Add milk and slowly pour the beaten eggs.
- Add the wet into the dry mixture and form a batter.
- Prepare the ramekins by greasing it with butter on the sides. I used the plastic mold i bought from the Philippines which is handy for steamed rice cakes.
- Pour the batter and add cheese slices on top. You can also use salted egg if you want something savory.
- Steam for 15 to 20 minutes; insert a toothpick to check if well done. If the toothpick comes out clean, the steamed cake is ready.
Source: Ems Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!