- 3 – 4 lbs pork hocks, cut into approximately 3 – 4 inch wide pieces
- enough water to cover the hocks in the pot
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- a handful of whole black peppercorn (about 2 tbs)
- 2 – 3 tbs sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp crushed chili pepper (optional)
- Wash pork hocks then place in a large pot. Add water enough to cover the hocks.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer until meat is cooked, approximately 2 hours (depending on how big the pork hocks are). Do not stir. Leave alone until liquid is reduced by 2/3.
- Serve with steamed rice and vegetables.
Source: Cafe Nilson
Share It To Your Friends!