- 3 cups fern, washed
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced into cubes
- 1 cup unripe (green) mangoes, sliced into cubes
- 2 pieces salted egg (substitute hard-boiled eggs if this is unavailable)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons calamansi juice
- First, wash the ferns thoroughly. Get a strainer to remove the excess water before setting it aside.
- In a small bowl, pour 3 tablespoons fish sauce and 4 tablespoons calamansi juice. Mix together and set aside for later use.
- Peel the salted eggs (hard-boiled eggs as an alternative). Quarter the eggs before cutting into smaller crescents. Prepare the tomatoes and mangoes. Slice the tomatoes into quarters before slicing it into small cubes. On the other, slice the mangoes into small cubes similarly.
- After preparing the ingredients, get a large bowl and mix the ferns and dressing. Mix thoroughly until the taste is balanced. Before serving, garnish with green mangoes, tomatoes and sliced eggs. Serve fresh.
Source: Philippine Cuisine
Share It To Your Friends!