- 1 whole chicken, at least 1.5 kg or use leftover white adobo*
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- half a head of native garlic, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tsp patis (fish sauce)
- 2 potatoes, quartered or cut into small wedges and fried
- 1 carrot, quartered or cut into chunks
- 2 tsp evaporated milk
- 2 bell peppers (green/red), deseeded then cut into strips or quartered
- If using fresh chicken, clean and cut the chicken into serving pieces and marinate overnight in 1/3 cup vinegar, 3 cloves of garlic (crushed), 2 dried bay leaves or laurel, and salt. Put it in a pot or pan then add 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat into low-medium and simmer for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Drain adobo, but reserve the liquid. Remove the bay leaves and garlic.
- In a pot, heat oil then saute the garlic, tomatoes, and onion.
- Add the chicken, carrot, patis, and peppercorns. Cover to seal flavors.
- Pour in the reserved adobo liquid and let it boil.
- Add the potatoes, then the milk.
- Let it simmer then add the bell peppers.
- Cook for about 2 minutes more.
- Serve with rice. Share and enjoy!
Source: Wow To Life
Share It To Your Friends!