- ½ cup glutinous rice flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- 2 tsp lye water
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cup water
- 1 drop red liquid food color
- vegetable oil for brushing pan
- grated coconut for toppings
- In a saucepan, heat the water and melt the brown sugar. Do not boil.
- Add the lye water to the dissolved brown sugar and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the glutinous rice flour and rice flour and the brown sugar mixture until dissolved thoroughly.
- Strain to remove lumps, then add liquid food color.
- Brush the mold with vegetable oil and pour mixture.
- Steam it for 45 minutes or until the top is set when touched. Remove from heat. Cool it down before removing from the mold.
- Serve with grated coconut on top or use it as dip.
Source: My Style Recipe
Share It To Your Friends!