- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 pc chicken, whole (approx. 1.2kg)
- 100 g bacon
- 100 g onion, white, cut into chunks
- 150 g potato, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 pc chorizo de bilbao, sliced into chunks
- 1 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce (250g)
- 2 Tbsp patis
- 1 stalk onion, green
- chicken stock
- banana leaves
- Rub chicken with salt to remove slimy surface. Rinse well. Set aside.In a deep pot, lightly brown the bacon then discard the excess oil.
- Add the chicken and other remaining ingredients. Cover with stock or water.
- Put 2 layers of banana leaves on top, then cover with the lid. Bring to a boil then simmer for 40 minutes or until the chicken is fork tender.
- If desired, mash potato in the sauce to thicken. Serve.
Source: Life Gets Better
Share It To Your Friends!