- 2 lbs ground pork (or you may combine with beef)
- 1 luncheon meat cut in small cubes
- 6 pcs hotdogs, cut in half lengthwise (optional)
- 3 pcs hard boiled eggs, sliced lengthwise in quarters
- 1/2 cup green or black olives, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce or catsup
- 2 raw eggs
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- 2 cup red and green bell pepper, minced
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup carrots, minced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients except for the hotdog and hard boiled eggs very well.
- Wrap in cut foil (cylindrical shape) depending on the size you prefer putting the hard boiled egg slices and hotdog strips in the center.
- Lock the edges of the aluminum foil. The wider the diameter, the more time you need to cook it.
- Steam for 1 hour or bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 30 mins. (steaming is better but i prefer baking it for convenience) Check one piece if already cooked before turning off the oven. In both cases, let it cool before slicing.
- You may store in the refrigerator for later or the freezer if you intend to consume the embutido after more than 3 days. Serve with banana catsup.
Source: Food We Cook
Share It To Your Friends!