- 1 large can fruit cocktail 30 ++ ounces
- 2 tbsp. unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups milk
- 8 pcs. Egg yolks
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ⅓ cup Butter
- 1½ cup flour
- 1½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1¾ cups Sugar
- 2¼ cups Water
Sponge Cake Procedure:
- Sift the baking powder and 1 cup flour using a flour sifter. Set aside
- Add the 4 egg yolks in a mixing bowl and then beat until the texture becomes thick.
- Add-in ½ cup sugar gradually while beating the eggs.
- Slowly add the sifted flour and baking powder mixture then mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Combine the 1 cup milk, butter, and vanilla extract in a pan and cook until butter melts.
- Pour the cooked mixture milk, butter, vanilla extract into the mixing bowl and mix with the existing concoction until evenly distributed.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the combined mixtures in a baking pan then bake for 23 minutes or until sponge cake is ready.
- Set aside.
- Heat a saucepan and placing ¼ cup sugar.
- Add ¼ cup of water immediately and cook until the sugar completely dissolves then let cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the simple syrup on top of the sponge cake and then spread using a brush.
- Combine ½ cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 3 cups milk in a pan then cook while stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Add half of the cooked mixture on the bowl where the 4 egg yolks are placed, then mix well.
- Put everything back in the saucepan with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix until texture is thick enough “this is now the custard”.
- Apply the layer of custard evenly on top of the Sponge cake.
- Drain the liquid concentrate from the fruit cocktail and set aside.
- Arrange all the fruits on top of the custard layer.
- Make sure to place them evenly.
- Dilute the gelatin in 2 cups of water.
- Heat the saucepan then pour the diluted gelatin and fruit cocktail concentrate and bring to a boil.
- Immediately after boiling, turn off the heat, let cool down until temperature is a little above normal for a room temperature.
- Pour the gelatin mixture on top of the fruit cocktail layer
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve for dessert,
- Share and Enjoy!
Source: Savvy Nana's
Share It To Your Friends!