- 1/2 lb (225g) skinless chicken breast , cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil , divided
- 1 shallot , chopped
- 1 bell pepper , cut into strips
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium carrot , cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas , thawed
- 1 scallion , sliced
- sesame seeds , for sprinkling
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger and chicken broth. Add chicken and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok. Drain chicken, reserving marinade, and add to the skillet. Stir fry for about 4 minutes, then remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the same skillet and add the shallot. Stir fry for few minutes and add the bell pepper, cabbage and carrot. Cook until cabbage wilts, for about 4 minutes more.
- Add the marinade, together with chicken and peas. Stir fry until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked. Garnish with scallion and sesame seeds. You can serve it over cooked rice or enjoy it as a standalone.
Source: Yummy Addiction
Share It To Your Friends!