- 1 kilo dalag or tilapia, cleaned and washed
- 6 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- 4-5 tablespoons rock salt
- Prepare the fish. After washing and cleaning, cut and slice fish. Rub with salt and set aside.
- Prepare the rice. The rice must be well cooked– it should be very soft and cool by the time you start to mix. Add in the rest of the salt and mix thoroughly. Add the the fish and mix.
- Transfer to sterilized jars or plastic containers. Pack tightly, leaving a bit of room at the top. Cover top with plastic wrap and cover the jar with lid. Screw the lid tightly and store in the vegetable compartment of your fridge. Allow to ferment for about two weeks before using.
- Sautee’ in hot oil with minced garlic and onions, and chopped tomatoes if you like (remove the seeds). Add a little sugar to counterbalance the slightl sourness and saltiness of the buro. Allow to cool a little before serving. Serve as a siding to fried or grilled fish; fried or steamed eggplant; steamed okra andampalaya (bitter gourd), or with fresh mustasa (mustard greens).
Share It To Your Friends!