For the chicken nuggets:
- 1 lb (450g) boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 oz. (50g) mozzarella cheese , about 1.5" x 1/3" x 1/3", cut into strips
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs , lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper , to tast
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Spread Panko bread crumbs in a thin layer on rimmed baking sheet and bake for 3-4 minutes, until lightly toasted. Once mostly cooled, transfer breadcrumbs to a shallow dish. Stir in Parmesan, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and olive oil. Mix well. Set aside.
- Set a wire rack on the baking sheet; lightly coat rack with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into each piece of chicken lengthwise, and make the pocket as big as possible without cutting through the backside. Stuff the mozzarella into the pockets. Make sure the strips go all the way into the chicken but doesn't come out the other side.
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow dishes. Working in batches, dredge chicken in flour (shaking off excess), dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat. Transfer to the rack.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, Dijon mustard and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the chicken with the honey mustard yogurt dip.
Source: Yummy Addiction
Share It To Your Friends!