- 1 whole native chicken – dressed and cut into chunks (liver and gizzard included)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup fish sauce (patis)
- salt to taste
- 4 cups sweet rice (malagkit rice)
- 2-3 liters water
- 5 cloves garlic -minced
- 2 medium sized red onion – minced
- 3 fingers of ginger – minced
- 2 stalks onion leaves or kutsay leaves if available – minced
- 20 pieces boiled quail eggs
- In a pan, pour the butter and saute garlic until light brown. Get the half of it, drain and set aside for toppings.
- Continue sauteing, add the onion, ginger, chicken and patis. Saute until chicken turns to light brown and the oil from the chicken comes out.
- In a separate pot, bring the water to boil then add the sweet rice, stirring once in a while. Add also the sauteed chicken. Simmer while stirring once in a while for about 30-40 minutes or until the sweet rice is cooked. You know it’s cooked when big boiling bubbles comes out high.
- Add the quail eggs, stir and ready to serve. Top it with the sauteed garlic and onion leaves. Enjoy!
Share It To Your Friends!