- 2 lbs pig or cow's small intestine
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup cooking rice wine
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 6 pieces dried Thai chili
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 4 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Pour 4 cups water in a cooking pot, apply heat, and let boil.
- Add 2 teaspoons salt, 2 pieces dried bay leaves, and cooking wine.
- Put-in the small intestine and simmer until tender.
- Remove the tender intestines, turn-off heat, and cut the intestines into 2 inches length. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or frying pan then pour-in cooking oil.
- Saute garlic and dried chili.
- Put in the intestine and cook for a minute.
- Add whole pepper corn, bay leaves, soy sauce, vinegar, and 1/2 cup water then let boil.
- Stir the mixture then add salt and sugar. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid evaporates.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
Source: Lutuing Bahay
Share It To Your Friends!