- 1 kg pork belly
- 1 c vinegar (white)
- ½ c fish sauce
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 10 pcs whole black pepper
- 3 pcs laurel leaf
- Vegetable oil
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ c vinegar
- ½ c soy sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper, cracked
- 2 pcs laurel leaf
- 1 c chicken stock (or 1 pc chicken cube)
- 8 pcs sugpo
- ½ c taba ng talangka
- 3 pcs sili sigang
- Marinate pork belly in soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, laurel leaves and pepper for 30 minutes to a full hour. (Depending on your flavor profile, the more flavorful you want it to be, the longer the marinade should stay.)
- Drain and set aside. Slice into pieces.
- Fry the pork belly in a pan on high flame.
- Sauté garlic in oil until brown.
- Add the slices of bagnet. Then, add remaining marinade, soy sauce, vinegar, laurel leaves, peppers and chicken stock.
- Lower the heat and simmer until pork is soft and tender (about 45 minutes to, roughly, an hour). Add sugpo.
- Cook for about five minutes. Do not overcook the sugpo.
- Add the taba ng talangka and sili sigang.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
Share It To Your Friends!