- 1 pound medium to large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, leaves removed and chopped
- 4 basil leaves, torn
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup tomatoes, sliced
- 1 12 oz. package of baby spinach
- 16 oz. angel hair pasta
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese
- On a plate, toss the shrimp with the crushed red pepper, half the lemon zest, chopped herbs and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and the remaining lemon zest. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the shrimp saute until shrimp is cooked through. Lower heat. Add spinach and saute. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook the angel hair according to package or until al dente.
- Drain all but about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Toss with the shrimp and tomato/spinach mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add as much pasta water as you want to create a thin sauce. Serve it with more lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
Source: My Mama's Recipe
Share It To Your Friends!