- 600 grams pork belly
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 head of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon whole black pepper
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Place the pork belly in a pot.
- Add in the vinegar, 1 cup water, salt, peppercorn, garlic and laurel leaves.
- Stir the ingredients and bring to a boil
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Flip the pork after the first 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover and cook for 10 minutes more. Set aside.
- Without adding additional oil, pan-fry the pork until it becomes brownish.
- Discard the contents of the pot. Put 1/2 cup of water and the coconut milk.
- Add in the fried pork and stir. Reduce the sauce. You may season with a bit of salt and pepper according to your taste
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh vegetables.
Source: Adobo Research
Share It To Your Friends!