- 300 grams tilapia fillets
- 1 cup coco evap (Nestle coconut evaporated milk)
- 1 cup water
- One 50-gram package green curry paste (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- 2 stalks of lemongrass (sliced 1 inch diagonally, crushed)
- 1/3 cup dried kaffir lime leaves (not packed)
- One onion, sliced
- 2 slices dried galangal
- 3 pieces calamansi (one for the curry and two for the fish)
- ¼ cup of dried holy basil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Squeeze calamansi on the tilapia and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Fry the onions, lemongrass, and galangal until onions are soft.
- Add the curry paste and kaffir lime leaves and sauté a bit.
- Add the coco evap and water. Let simmer until flavors develop, about 20 minutes. Add fish sauce and calamansi/lime to taste.
- While the sauce is simmering, add the tilapia fillets. Stir (carefully! take care not to crush the fillets), cover, and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the holy basil and stir (carefully!). Simmer a bit more then take off the heat.
Source: 80's Breakfast
Share It To Your Friends!