- 3 pounds Yukon Potatoes
- 6 slices Bacon, cut up into half-inch pieces
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1 large clove Garlic, minced
- ½ cup sliced Green Onions, white and green parts
- 1 cup shredded Emmentaler or Gruyere Cheese
- 2 portions Creamy Swiss Cheese (original or seasoned)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Boil unpeeled potatoes in salted water over medium heat until cooked, about 20-30 minutes. Drain and let cool. Quarter or cut the potatoes into 1 ½ – 2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown bacon pieces until crisp. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes or until translucent. Add cream and broth and bring to a boil. Add cheeses and stir until melted. Stir in garlic and green onions. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Add potatoes to the sauce, stir to coat and simmer on low heat for 3 minutes. Serve warm, sprinkled with more green onions.
- For a side dish, cut the recipe ingredients in half.
Source: All That's Jas
Share It To Your Friends!