- 1 1/2 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cold
- 12 oz. strawberry preserves
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups coconut
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9x13” baking pan or dish with cooking spray.
- To make crust: mix flour, baking powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cut in blender with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg and milk and stir to combine.
- Press mixture down very firmly into bottom of prepared pan with a fork or your hands.
- Spread strawberry preserves on top of crust layer to within ¼ to ½ inch of border.
- To make topping: Beat egg with fork.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla, butter and coconut.
- This is kind of like a macaroon layer.
- Dollop topping over top of preserves covering surface entirely.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until lightly browned and preserves are set.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Source: Can't Stay Out Of Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!