- 500 g sirloin, cut across the grain into 1.5" x 0.5" strips
- 3 T oyster sauce
- 3 T light soy sauce
- 2 T rice wine
- 5 T cornstarch
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1.5 t ground black pepper
- 1 t sesame oil
- 1 medium onion
- half a head of garlic
- 3 T cooking oil (for sautéing)
- 1/2 cup water
- 200 g snow peas
- Prepare marinade by mixing oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar, black pepper and sesame oil. Mix in sirloin strips and cornstarch, blend well. Set aside and allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Wash snowpeas and remove ends. Set aside.
- Peel and slice onions. Peel and mash garlic. Set aside.
- Heat water in a wok or frying pan until it boils. Drop and blanch the snow peas for half a minute. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Drain water from the pan and add cooking oil. Over medium heat saute onion and garlic for about 2 minutes. Turn up heat then add in marinated sirloin, stir a little and cover to allow the beef to cook, for about 2 minutes. Uncover and turn the beef slices to allow the other side to cook. Cover and leave to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir then check seasonings. Adjust if necessary. Add in snow peas, stir a little to allow some of the beef drippings to coat the pods for half a minute. Remove from fire and serve hot.
Source: Kitchen Conjugations
Share It To Your Friends!