- 3-4 blue crabs (sea crabs)
- 1 large + 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 long ginger (finely chopped/crushed)
- 7-7 garlic cloves ( finely chopped/crushed)
- 1 large tomato ( finely chopped)
- 4-5 green chilis (slit lengthwise)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/5 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/3 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp oil
- Preparation - Clean the crabs and gently crack the shells. The meat should not spill outside. Marinate with the salt and turmeric for 5-10 mins.
- Cooking - Heat 3 tbsp oil in a wok. Add the crab to it and stir fry on medium high flame for 5-7 mins. Remove and keep aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the same wok. Throw in the onion, ginger and garlic. Stir fry for 3-4 mins. Then add the chopped tomatoes and cook till they are mushy.
- Add all the spice powders to the wok and cook for 1 min.
- Throw in the sauteed crab and toss everything together. Add 1/3 cup water along with a little salt. Cover with a lid for 2-3 mins.
- Uncover and sprinkle the sugar, soy sauce and the green chilis. Cook for a few minutes till the gravy reduces and just about clings to the crabs.
- Remove from wok and serve hot. Taste great with white rice.
Share It To Your Friends!