For the dough:
- 1 packet of bun flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp cooking oil ( I used canola)
For the filling:INSTRUCTIONS:
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 big leaf of napa cabbage (finely shredded)
- 3-4 dried shitake mushrooms (soak in hot water to soften, then sliced into thin strips/pieces)
- Handful of cilantro/coriander leaves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 dashes white pepper powder
- Remove 2 tbsp of flour and leave aside for later use.
- Mix the remaining flour with the milk and sugar. Knead the dough well for 10 minutes. Add the spoon of cooking oil and knead until oil is well incorporated.
- Leave to rest, covered with a damp cloth for 30 minutes.
- Mix all the filling ingredients and set aside.
- Cut up 12-15 pieces of parchment paper into 1.5 inch squares.
- When the dough is ready, divide into 12-15 equal portions. Roll into a ball and flatten with a rolling pin into a flat disc. Use the reserved flour for the bench to prevent sticking.
- Place about 1 to 2 tsp of filling in the centre of the disc, pleat the edges and make sure they are well sealed. Place bun on a parchment square. Repeat until dough and ingredients are finished.
- Lay buns sitting on their parchment in a bamboo steamer. Make sure there is enough room for the buns to expand. Steam for 15 minutes (or refer to your bun packet instructions). Transfer and serve immediately.
Source: Drool Factor
Share It To Your Friends!