- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 large onion
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 6 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pound cleaned small squid
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Cut onion half lengthwise into thin slices. Cut bell peppers into long thin slices. Set aside onions and bell peppers. Cut flaps and tentacles from squid sacs.
- Cut sacs into 1/4-inch-thick strips. Half tentacles and flaps lengthwise. Set squid aside. Heat a wok over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons peanut oil. Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add onion and stir-fry until softened. Add peppers and stir-fry until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and soy sauce. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil to wok.
- Stir-fry half of squid until just opaque, about 30 seconds, and transfer with juices to bowl of vegetables.
- Add remaining tablespoon peanut oil and stir-fry remaining squid, transferring to bowl. Return squid-vegetable mixture to wok or skillet and stir-fry until heated.
- Season stir-fry with salt and pepper to taste.
Source: My Mama's Recipe
Share It To Your Friends!