- 1/2 squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 bunch stringbeans (sitao), sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 kg pork, cut into small cubes
- 1 bunch malunggay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk, first extraction
- 1 cup coconut milk, second extraction
- patis and pepper to taste
- Have the coconut grated at the market or supermarket. Extract milk by adding 1/2 cup hot water to the grated coconut . Set aside first extraction. Add another 1/2 cup hot water to the grated coconut and get your 2nd extraction.
- Heat cooking oil in pan and pan fry pork. When pork is slightly brown, add in the garlic and the onions and saute. Add in patis. Cover pan and let simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Add in squash and saute for about 2 minutes. Add in the coconut milk 2nd extraction. Cover and simmer over low heat until squash is fork tender. Add in the coconut milk first extraction. Take out about 1/3 of the squash and mash in a bowl. Add in the string beans and cook and simmer until string beans are half cooked (string beans should not be overcooked to retain nutrients and the beans' fresh green color). Add back the mashed squash and malunggay. Simmer for a minute. Serve hot.
Source: Adobo At Iba Pa
Share It To Your Friends!