- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken wings (about 10 pieces)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chili pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried chipotle chili pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Saigon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried, crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar, packed
- ¾ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- Blue Cheese Dressing (completely optional) for serving
- Place a baking sheet or roasting pan on the middle rack of you oven and preheat to 350° with the pan inside.
- Mix together all dried spices from ground cumin to red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken wings with a paper towel, and place in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with spices to your preferred coating and toss to coat. I just used my hands. Easy.
- Let rest 15 minutes. [If you are pressed for time, then you can skip this step.]
- Place chicken skin side up on the pan and space them out at least 1.5 inches so that they don’t steam. Bake 20 minutes. Flip and then bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Flip one last time and broil for 3-5 minutes or until the outside is browned but not burned.
- Let rest a few minutes, if for no other reason than you don’t want to burn your mouth.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Source: American Heritage Cooking
Share It To Your Friends!