- 8 small chicken pieces (mixed between breasts, thighs and drumsticks)
- 1 can (10.75 oz) low-sodium cream of chicken soup (see NOTES)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 pkg dry chicken gravy mix
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
- Mix soup, dressing mix and gravy mix together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-hight heat. Add oil and heat through. Add the chicken parts and brown well on all sides. Remove from pan and add the chicken to the crock pot (4-6 quart).
- Spread the soup mixture over the chicken parts.
- Deglaze the pan with the water (scrape up all the browned bits from the chicken). Add this liquid to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours, high 3-5 hours. TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE! All cookers cook differently.
- Remove chicken and stir the gravy. Pour gravy over chicken or serve separately so everyone can add their own.
Source: The Midnight Baker
Share It To Your Friends!