- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 pound small potatoes (red or gold or both), halved or quartered
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3-1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- Place cubed chicken in the bottom of slow cooker and top with potatoes, onion, carrot, celery and garlic.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, then add Italian seasoning.
- Pour chicken broth over your chicken and veggies, then stir together. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 4-5 hours, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork tender.
- Create a slurry by whisking cornstarch into heavy cream, then stir into slow cooker stew. Also stir in parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook for another 20-30 minutes, or until stew is thickened.
- Transfer to serving bowls and serve hot, garnished with crusty bread, if desired.
Share It To Your Friends!