- 2 chicken breasts, fat trimmed off
- Pesto, ingredients below
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 bundle asparagus, chopped in thirds
- Coconut or olive oil, for searing
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/8-1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F convection bake.
- Slice chicken breast in half, almost to the other edge, and open it up like a sandwich. Pound each breast with a meat mallet.
- Make the pesto by adding all ingredients for it into a food processor. Turn on for about 15 seconds at a time. Scraping down the sides with a spoon, if needed.
- Distribute half the pesto to each chicken breast. Spread the pesto, when chicken breast is opened up, and layer sun dried tomatoes on top. Close chicken breasts and use tooth picks to hold each closed.
- In a cast iron skillet, add coconut or olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Once hot, sear the chicken on each side for a minute and a half.
- Add cherry tomatoes and asparagus to the skillet with the chicken. Place the skillet in the oven, and cook for 20 minutes. Turn skillet to low broil and broil for 3 minutes. Serve hot.
Source: Bravo Paleo
Share It To Your Friends!