- Chicken - 1 kg (cut into medium pieces)
- Pepper powder - 2 Tbsp
- Salt - 1 Tsp
- Lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- Oinion - 2 Medium
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 Tsp
- Fennel seeds (perumjeeerakam) - 1 Tsp
- Onion - 2 Medium
- Ginger paste - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic paste - 1 Tbsp
- Green Chilly - 4
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Crushed Pepper powder - 2 - 3 Tbsp
- Tomato - 1
- Ghee - 1 Tbsp
- Curry leaves - 2 Sprigs
- Coriander Leaves - 2 Sprigs
- Wash and clean chicken pieces and marinate with pepper powder,salt and lime juice for half hour minimum.
- Pressure cook chicken with the marinade and onion. Keep aside.
- In a kadai or deep pan , heat oil, splutter mustard seeds and fennel seeds. add finely chopped onions. Fry till it is nicely brown. Add ginger and garlic paste. Also add chopped green chilly. Saute well until it leaves the raw smell. Add turmeric powder.mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee to it, and transfer the cook chicken to it. Also add tomato chopped and mix well with the masala. Let it boil on low flame.
- When it boils, check salt,add Crushed pepper powder, curry leaves and coriander leaves. Cook closed for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with any item be it rice, chappathi or any roti.
Source: A Bowl Curry
Share It To Your Friends!