- 1 lb dried spaghetti ; spaghettini or linguine fini can also be used for this recipe
- 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, in juice
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salt water until barely al dente. DO NOT overcook the spaghetti) --2 1/2 teaspoon salt in 6 quarts water. Follow the guide on how to cook the spaghetti found in the label or wrapper.
- While cooking the pasta, cook garlic, anchovy paste, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in extra virgin oli1ve oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat. For 2 minutes, stir occasionally until fragrant and pale golden.
- Meanwhile, puree tomatoes with juice in a blender.
- Add tomato puree to garlic oil along with olives and capers and simmer, until pasta is ready. Stir in sugar if you want some sweet taste in your puttanesca.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce. Simmer, turning pasta with tongs, until pasta is al dente, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil.
Source: Cake Zone
Share It To Your Friends!