- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 30 extra-large shrimp (about 2 pounds 6 ounces), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Make the spice rub and marinate the shrimp.
- Grind the peppercorns and coriander seeds separately in an electric coffee/spice grinder until ground medium fine.
- Combine the ground spices with the olive oil in a bowl and add the shrimp, tossing to coat well. Marinate the shrimp, covered and chilled, at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Pan fry the shrimp and finish the dish.
- Season the shrimp with sea salt.
- Heat 1/2 cup of the canola oil in a heavy 12-inch skillet over moderately high heat until the oil just begins to shimmer. Carefully put half the shrimp in the skillet and pan fry them until crisp, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain the shrimp on paper towels or brown paper and drizzle with the lime juice.
- Cook the remaining shrimp and drizzle with lime juice in the same way.
Source: Andrew Zimmern
Share It To Your Friends!