- 100g soya mince
- 1 large potato
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a handful of frozen peas (optional)
- Weigh out the soya mince and put it in a bowl with the smoked paprika and the soy sauce. Stir with a spoon until well mixed then cover with water. The water should cover the mixture by about 2cm.
- Wash the potato and chop into large chunks.
- In a large saucepan or deep frying pan, add the olive oil. (skip this if you want oil free or extra quick cooking) and wait until warm.
- Add the chunks of potato and lighly fry on all sides until golden. You are not trying to fry the potatoes right through, just enough so that they hold together better in the mince.
- Add the hydrated soy mince to the pan, and the potatoes if you didn’t in steps 3 and 4, bring to the boil then turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer about 10 minutes. By the end the water should have evaporated so that there is not much liquid. If it evaporates too quickly add a little more so it doesn’t burn to the bottom of the pan.
- Add a handful of frozen peas to the pot about 3 minutes before the cooking time is up, if you wish.
- You know it’s ready when the potatoes are soft in the middle and the mince is soft.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. (I didn’t need to!)
- Serve and enjoy.
Source: Yummy Vege
Share It To Your Friends!