- 1 kilo beef bones, chopped, 1/4 beef brain (for beef stock)
- 1 kilo beef cut into 1 1/2” cubes
- 5-8 potatoes cut same size as the beef
- 1 bundle of pechay, cut into 2 parts (optional)
- 1 small or medium sized cabbage cut quarterly
- 4 onions, diced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 4-5 tablespoons patis or fish sauce / soy sauce
- 1 liter of water
- 2 chili red peppers
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- In a sauce pan or pot, simmer beef bones and brain for about 45 minutes and remove scum that rises to the surface. Then set aside the beef stock.
- On another pot, heat oil and sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the beef then sauté for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add water just enough to cover the beef then bring to a boil.
- Simmer until beef is tender.
- Add in more water if it dries up before the beef is cooked.
- Pour in your beef stock, potatoes, vinegar, patis, chili peppers
- Continue to simmer until potatoes are cooked.
- Add the pechay and cabbage. Do not overcook the vegetables.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Source: Filipino Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!