- 2-3 eggplants cut into 1.5-inch lengths, halved
- 8 fresh prawns, tail intact
- 1 tbsp shrimp paste (belacan)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp chili paste
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- salt and sugar to taste
- Heat the wok, put in the shrimp paste and roast it. Break into bits and cook until fragrant and add in 6 tbsp oil.
- Stir fry the garlic and onions. Add in the prawns, turmeric and chili paste. Add oil if paste is dry.
- Finally, add in the eggplant and stir fry until cooked on all sides. Season with salt and sugar and sprinkle a bit of water. Cook until done, making sure to use a low flame.
Share It To Your Friends!