The Mac and Cheese
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1-1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ox shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup grated romano cheese
- ½ pound of your favorite pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- The Mac and Cheese
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, whisk the heavy cream, white pepper, salt, and dried mustard together and heat to boiling. Let it bubble up and simmer for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add the cheddar, pepper jack, and romano cheeses. Stir until melted and thickened into a creamy cheese sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce.
- Pour into the prepared pan, and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown.
- The Breadcrumbs
- Break a couple of slices of bread or rolls into small pieces.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the breadcrumbs, romano cheese, salt and pepper.
- Saute until lightly browned. (It will get browned and crunchy in the oven).
Source: Butter Basil And Breadcrumbs
Share It To Your Friends!