- 1 lb dried spaghetti or linguini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves – minced
- 12-14 oz mixed mushrooms (I used a mix of shiitake & shimeji)
- 2 tbsp sake
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, or tamari
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 scallions – finely sliced
- Dashes of Season With Spice’s Shichimi Togarashi (Spicy Japanese Seven Spice)
- Cook pasta per package instructions (just until al dente). Reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water. Drain pasta, transfer to a bowl, and toss with some olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan or skillet, heat olive oil & butter over medium heat. When the butter begins to bubble, add in the garlic and cook until fragrant – about one minute. Add in the shiitake mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add in the shimeiji mushrooms and continue to cook until caramelized – another 3-4 minutes. Add in the sake, and cook for another minute.
- Add in the cooked pasta along with 1/4 cup of pasta water. Season with soy sauce and mirin, and toss pasta to coat well. If you find the pasta a little dry, you can add in one or two more tablespoons of pasta water.
- Dish out into individual plates. Top with scallions and Shichimi Togarashi.
Source: Season With Spice
Share It To Your Friends!