- 440g (1 ¾ cups +3 Tablespoons) butter, room temperature
- 160g Powdered Sugar
- ¼ tteaspoon kosher salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 550g (4 ½ cups +3 Tablespoons) pastry flour (or low protein all-purpose like White Lilly)
- 50g cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar, salt and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Slowly add to the butter mixture with the mixer on medium-high, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Whisk the flour and cornstarch together in a bowl. Add to the butter mixture and stir on low just to combine. Add your food coloring at this point if you desire. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag fitted with the desired tip. I used an Ateco #802 star tip for the green, an Ateco #801 round tip for the white and an Ateco #800 round tip for the red.
- Pipe desired shapes onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Chill 10 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven 5-7 minutes or until the edges and bottoms just begin to brown.
- Store airtight at room temperature up to 3 weeks or frozen up to 2 months.
Source: American Heritage Cooking
Share It To Your Friends!