- 9 large eggs, free range or organic
- small onion, chopped finely
- knob of butter
- 600 g good quality sausagemeat (I used gluten free sausages & squeezed the meat out)
- small bunch parsley chopped finely
- 2 tbsp sage, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp thyme, chopped finely
- plain flour (gluten free if needed)
- 120g Panko breadcrumbs or gluten free breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/ gas mark 6
- Cook 6 of the eggs in boiling water for 8-10 minutes, drain and then leave to cool in very cold water
- In the meantime heat the knob of butter in a pan and fry the onion gently for a few minutes without browning it. Remove from the heat and allow to cool down.
- Put the sausagemeat in a large bowl, add the herbs and onion and mix well, divide into 6 balls
- Peel the eggs
- In one bowl put in three beaten eegs
- In another bowl put the breadcrumbs
- In another bowl put a handful of plain flour
- Squash a ball of meat into a flat burger shape on a plate.
- Coat your hands in a little flour and then dip the boiled egg into the flour, place the egg onto the meat and then roll it in your hands to completely seal the egg.
- Coat the ball in a little flour and use to make a ball shape.
- Dip the ball into the egg mixture letting any excess drip off, then coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the ball back into the egg, drain and coat in breadcrumbs again.
- Repeat until all six eggs are done.
- Put the scotch eggs onto a foil lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until the meat is cooked through. Turn them every so often to get an even colour.
- Enjoy warm or cold
Source: Cherished By Me
Share It To Your Friends!