- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1- pound package shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 bunch green onions finely chopped, about 9 small or 7 medium
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/2-1 tsp. salt
- spray coconut oil or coconut oil for greasing
- 3-quart baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray or grease a 3-quart baking dish with coconut oil.
- Cook sausage in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown, breaking into small pieces with a spoon or spatula, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle arrowroot over sausage, stirring to coat, then add in 1 1/2 cups coconut milk. Cook until mixture thickens and comes to boil, stirring occasionally, about 3-5 minutes. Add plenty of fresh black pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and add remaining coconut milk, spices, salt, and 1/3 of the green onions.
- In baking dish, spread hashbrowns evenly, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Top with 1/3 of green onions, then sausage mixture, then egg mixture. Bake 45-50 minutes then sprinkle with remaining green onions. Knife inserted in the center won't come out clean because of the creamy sauce, but the surface should be firm. Cut into squares and serve.
Source: 40 Aprons
Share It To Your Friends!