- 2 1/4 lbs. sirloin steak or sizzlers cut in thin strips
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 miniature bell peppers seeded and sliced in rings
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups matchsticks carrots or sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup low sodium, gluten free soy sauce (I use Tamari-lite by San-J)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup avocado oil plus more for frying beef
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup brown sugar loosely packed
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 cup cornstarch or as needed
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds plus more for sprinkling over the top
- hot, cooked rice or wild rice blend to serve with
- Slice sirloin steak or sizzlers into thin strips.
- Coat with cornstarch.
- Pour about ¼ to ½ cup of avocado oil into a hot skillet.
- Fry beef in batches until crispy, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, pour about ¼ cup of avocado oil in another skillet.
- Add onions.
- Sauté 2 minutes until transluscent.
- Add carrots and bell peppers.
- Sauté a few minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes and sauté a few more minutes.
- Finally, add soy sauce, cider vinegar, sesame oil, pepper, brown sugar and sesame seeds.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Combine cooked beef with sauce and stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle with additional sesame seeds, if desired.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice.
Source: Can't Stay Out Of Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!