- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or allowed margarine/buttery spread, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 4 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a heavy-bottom saucepan, combine the 1/3 cup of flour and 1 cup of water. Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and carefully stir in butter, oil, cocoa powder and instant espresso powder. Mix until smooth and allow to cool.
- Transfer the cooled flour/butter mixture into a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and honey until blended. Gradually add the flour, baking powder and salt, stir into the batter until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion out the dough about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let them cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before serving.
Source: Art Of Dessert
Share It To Your Friends!