- 2 cans of sardines in water
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 eggs
- 2 tbsp spring onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In an oven proof pan over low-medium heat, add oil.
- Add in sliced onions and cook until caramelized (about 10 minutes). Remove ¼ of the onions and transfer to a plate.
- Add in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add in sardines and loosen with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and crack 3-4 eggs over the sardines.
- Place back in the oven and bake further for about 5-8 minutes, depending on the doneness of the eggs you prefer.
- Remove from the oven and top with spring onions.
Source: The Not So Creative Cook
Share It To Your Friends!