- Pork skin with little fat and meat
- salt (rock salt or kosher salt. Depends on how many lbs. of pork you are using, about 1/2 tsp per lbs.)
- peppercorns (6 pieces)
- bay leaf (3 leaves)
- Place all dry ingredients in a heavy pot adding water until the pork is covered about an inch high.
- Bring to a boil until pork skin is tender ( about an hour).
- Remove the pork and drain really well.
- Cut into bite size and let these air dry or put in the fridge uncovered over night or so.
- (IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THE PORK SKINS ARE DRIED. THIS WILL ELIMINATE OR LESSEN THE SPLATTER DURING DEEP FRYING AND WILL MAKE THE SKINS PUFF )
- After drying the pork skins overnight you are ready to deep fry them.
- Heat up oil and fry the pork skin pieces in batches and cook until light golden brown and puffed up.
- Carefully take the chicharon using "spider" or slotted spoon.
Share It To Your Friends!