- 1 lb. chicken meat
- 1 lb. beef stew or soup bones
- 2 medium size potatoes
- 1 green plantain
- 1 cup of yuca root
- 1 yautia root
- 1 cup butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon ground annatto seeds bija
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 teaspoon mashed garlic
- 2 cubes of homemade season all sazon - see recipe in this blog - optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground or fresh oregano
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 cups of water
- Wash, peel and cut all the vegetables and roots into bite-size pieces. Prep the onion, garlic and spices.
- Set the pressure cooker to Saute and allow pot to heat.
- Add the oil and sugar. When sugar starts to bubble, add the chicken and brown on both sides.
- Add the onions and stir. Cook until onions are transparent. Add the beef.
- Add the salt, and all the spices. Stir.
- Add the roots and remaining vegetables.
- Add the water. Cover the pressure cooker and follow manufacturer's instructions for closing and sealing the lid.
- Set to cook on high for 35 minutes. Most pressure cookers have a setting for stews. If yours does, click on that.
- Once stew is done, stir and taste. Add salt to taste if needed.
- Serve with avocado and white rice (optional).
Share It To Your Friends!