Ingredients for the crust
- 1.5 cups blanched almond flour
- 6 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cold butter or coconut oil
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (chips or a chopped bar; dairy free if necessary)
- 2/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder (optional, but highly recommended)
- Pinch of salt
- 12 fresh strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
Make the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9.5" removable-bottom tart pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the "s" blade, pulse the flours and salt together a few times to mix.
- Add the maple syrup and process until a ball forms.
- Add the butter or oil in chunks, then pulse until evenly distributed and no pieces bigger than a pea remain.
- Lightly dust a large piece of wax or parchment paper with tapioca flour and lay out on the counter.
- Turn the dough ball out onto the prepared wax/parchment paper. Dust the top of the ball with a little more tapioca flour and cover with another large piece of wax/parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out to approximately 11.5" (so, one inch larger on either side than the bottom of the pan).
- Carefully transfer it to the prepared pan and press it into the edges in an even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes until firm.
- Remove shell from the oven and allow to cool before adding the ganache.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Pour the coconut cream into another heatproof bowl. Microwave on high in 30-second increments until melted (fully liquified with a very thin consistency). This will probably take 60-90 seconds.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts completely. It may take longer than you'd expect, but the residual heat of the coconut milk will melt the chocolate. Keep stirring until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Stir in the espresso powder and salt (if using).
- Pour into the cooled shell.
- Allow the ganache to come to room temperature in the shell before transferring to the refrigerator for about an hour (or more, if necessary) to cool completely and firm up.
- Arrange the strawberry slices around the border of the tart.
- Melt the chocolate and oil in the microwave in 20-30 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth. Use a spoon to drizzle it over the top of the tart.
- Let the drizzle set for a few minutes before serving.
Source: A Clean Bake
Share It To Your Friends!