- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- 3/4 - 1 cup Nutella
- In a large bowl add flour and butter, mix with a fork until crumbly, then add the egg, sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix with the fork until mixture almost comes together, then move to a lightly floured flat surface.
- Knead until dough comes together and is smooth. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and roll out on a floured surface to approximately 7 x 11 inch long rectangle. (make sure surface is always lightly floured so dough doesn't stick when rolling up).
- Spread with Nutella but do not spread to the ends, leave a small border. Roll up from the long side (as tightly as you can but it doesn't have to be really really tight). Cover with plastic and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 15 minutes before removing from fridge Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Remove from fridge and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices, place slices on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool completely. Enjoy
Source: An Italian In My Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!