- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard powder
- 1/2 cup Avocado oil
- 1/2 cup Olive oil (light)
- About 1 cup of Paleo mayo
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese
- 2 TB green onions, chopped
- 2 cups crawfish
- Salt, Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (the thick portion not watery section, I use the brand THAI kitchen)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan or pepper jack cheese, for topping
- Place the 1 egg, lemon juice, and mustard powder in a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times until frothy and blended.
- The key to this step is being patient and slow. Tablespoon by tablespoon start to add the olive oil and avocado oil, while the blender or food processor is on. Keep pouring slowly. It should take 2 to 3 minutes. If you rush this it will not emulsify.
- Combine mayo, pepper jack, green onions, crawfish, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Put to the side and make the crust
- Preheat the oven to 500 F.
- In a small saucepan, add butter, coconut cream, water, and sea salt and heat on high.
- While this is heating, add tapioca flour and almond flour to your stand mixer bowl.
- Once the wet mixture is bubbling, pour it into your stand mixer with the dry ingredients.
- Turn mixer on slow to medium. It should thicken quickly. It should be thick and dough like. If it is not, add more tapioca, 1 Tablespoon at a time.
- Roll dough onto a sheet pan, lightly covered in tapioca. Roll it very thin into to two long flatbread loaves.
- Place in oven for 7-8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and lower oven temperature to 450 F.
- Top each “loaf “with the crawfish mayo mixture and sprinkle the extra 1/2 cup cheese on top.
- Place in oven again for 7-8 minutes. Enjoy.
Source: Bravo For Paleo
Share It To Your Friends!